Wonderful Spanish dish “Pa amb tomaquet”. Very tasty sandwiches, and not difficult to prepare. Use olive oil infused with herbs, it adds more flavor to the dish. For the sweet peppers, use red or yellow. Green sweet peppers don’t work very well with this dish. (Plus these are the colors of the Spanish flag 😉 I usually prepare this dish with feta cheese, but in this dish I liked the combination of goat cheese with peppers, and melon with Serrano ham which are ideally suited to each other. Great to serve with wine.
Spanish Sandwiches Recipe
By March 22, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cook: 60 mins
Wonderful Spanish dish "Pa amb tomaquet". Very tasty sandwiches, and not difficult to prepare. Use olive oil infused with herbs, it …
- 4 slices of bread whole grain
- black olives pitted half jar
- 20 g almonds
- 10 ml dry white wine
- 2-3 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 slices goat cheese
- 2 cloves melon
- 1 clove of garlic
- small tomato
- olive oil
- Bake pepper in a oven at 390 F for about 15 minutes. Cool, remove seeds and peel. Cut into strips and sprinkle with a little olive oil. Soak almonds in cold water. Put olives in a blender with 1 tsp olive oil, and mix until smooth. Clean the skin from almonds, lightly fry in a dry pan, then put into a blender, add the wine, mayonnaise, and grind until smooth.
- Toast bread on a grill or in a toaster. Rub with garlic first one side, then rub with tomato, a little salt, and the last to drizzle with olive oil.
- On 2 slices of bread spread with a layer of almond paste, put slices of cheese, then a mix of olives and pepper strips on a top. On the other slices of bread lay out the almond paste, then a mix of the olives, then thin slices of melon and serrano. You can sprinkle a little olive oil on top as well.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, cheese, dinner, lunch, nuts, party, sandwich, vegetarian