Now with the cool fall weather it’s time to bake quiches and tarts! I like them because they can be sweet or savory and there are endless combinations to try. With mushrooms out now, I chose to use them along with bacon.
The recipe for the dough is the same I use for tarts or pies, it’s my favorite and easy to make! I make this quiche in a 9-inch tart (quiche) pan with removable bottom, and I’ll admit after I bought this pan I started making quiches and tarts more since it makes it much easier. When you are preparing thedough, you should definitely use cold ingredients – cold butter and ice water.
I used baby Portobello Mushrooms, but you can use any mushrooms you like, it will be especially tasty with wild mushrooms.
Delicious savory quiche, perfect for the weather!
Quiche with Mushrooms, Onions and Bacon Recipe
By September 6, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6-12 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
Now with the cool fall weather it's time to bake quiches and tarts! I like them because they can be sweet or savory and there are …
- 113 g butter unsalted, for the dough
- 200 g flour sifted, for the dough
- pinch salt for the dough
- 3-4 tbsp ice water for the dough
- 100 g bacon for the filling
- 250 g mushrooms for the filling
- 1 medium onion for the filling
- 2 cloves of garlic for the filling
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, for the filling
- salt, pepper to taste, for the filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream for the filling
- 1 egg for the filling
- Cut the butter into small cubes and place in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes.
- Stir sifted flour and salt in the food processor, add the butter, and beat until fine crumb form. Add the ice water and beat again. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes-1hr.
- Cut the mushrooms into medium cubes, then chop the onion and garlic. Chop the bacon and fry in a pan until golden brown. Lay the bacon on a plate and add the chopped onion, garlic, thyme and mushrooms in the same pan where you cooked the bacon. Cook over low heat until the onion is golden brown and add salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough and place in a tart pan, prick with a fork, cover with parchment paper, then add the beans (I don't have pie weights and usually using beans) then put to bake in a preheated 180'C (360F) oven for 15min. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Put the mushrooms and onions on the lightly chilled dough and add bacon.
- Beat the egg and cream with a fork in a bowl, salt and pepper and pour in the mushrooms and bacon. Put back in the oven for 25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, dinner, dough, fried, herbs, lunch, party, tarts, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Winter Food