Great combination of Nutella and strawberry with crispy puffed pastry, a wonderful idea for a simple, quick and incredibly tasty dessert on Valentine’s Day!
Puff Pastry with Strawberries and Nutella Recipe
By February 12, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Great combination of Nutella and strawberry with crispy puffed pastry, a wonderful idea for a simple, quick and incredibly tasty …
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 6-8 tsp of Nutella
- sugar powder for dusting
- strawberry + mint leaves, almonds, pistachios, jam, coconut for the filling
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature and preheat the oven to 200’C (390 F).
- Slice the strawberries, then cut into a heart-shape using a knife (6 heart-shaped pieces). Cut the pastry sheets into 12 rectangles. Cut out a heart shaped hole in a middle of 6 of the rectangles, using the strawberry heart as a pattern, and on the other six put on about 1 tsp of Nutella. Spread the chocolate cream with a spoon, leaving the edges of the dough untouched. Put on top of Nutella a filling to your taste: - Finely chopped almonds or pistachios - Finely sliced strawberries and mint leaves - Coconut flakes - Plum or lingonberry jam (or any sour jam)
- Top with the second half of puff pastry (the side with the heart-shape), press the edges with a fork into the hole add the strawberry heart-shape. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 min. until golden brown, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, berries, breakfast, dough, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, party, simple recipe, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day