Another great idea for pesto, and a delicious and cheaper alternative to the traditional pine nut pesto. Add it to pasta, on fish, as a bruschetta topping or sandwich spread, and other foods to your taste.
Pesto with Walnuts and Basil Recipe
By February 26, 2018Published:
- Yield: 8 pasta meals Servings
Another great idea for pesto, and a delicious and cheaper alternative to the traditional pine nut pesto. Add it to pasta, on fish, as …
- 1 cup walnuts roasted
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups basil leaves fresh
- 1 cup of parmesan grated
- 1 tsp salt kosher
- 1/2 cup of olive oil or more
- In a food processor, put the walnuts, garlic, lemon juice and the zest, cayenne pepper, basil, cheese, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth. Pour in the olive oil and beat again until a smooth and pasty consistency. If necessary, add more olive oil.
- Put the pesto in a container with a lid and keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, cheese, dinner, Fourth of July, herbs, lunch, Memorial Day, nuts, party, sauce, simple recipe, snacks, Spring Food, Summer Food, tapas, Valentine's day, vegetarian