Now towards the end of the summer is peach season, and besides eating them raw a lot, we also made drinks for the kids and sangria for adults. This time I decided to bake muffins from them. The recipe is simple and they were very tasty. Instead of almonds you can use any other nuts of your choice. It is best to top the muffins with a sweet and sour jam, I had cloudberry jam this time.
The main thing to keep in mind when cooking muffins is to separately mix the dry and liquid ingredients, then mix all together. After that you can add berries, nuts, fruits, chocolate etc.
Peach Muffins with Rosemary and Almonds Recipe
By September 3, 2014Published:
- Yield: 12
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Now towards the end of the summer is peach season, and besides eating them raw a lot, we also made drinks for the kids and sangria for …
- 2 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1/3 tsp orange extract
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 g butter
- 200 g flour sifted
- 1 tsp backing powder
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
- 40 g almonds raw sliced
- 2 large peaches
- cane sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp jam sour-sweet
- Finely chop the rosemary leaves. Cut one peach into small cubes and the other slice thinly. Lightly fry the almonds in a dry pan, then set aside some for decoration and finely chop the rest. Melt the butter and let cool.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, honey, lemon juice and zest, orange extract and vanilla in a bowl and beat with a mixer. Add the cooled butter with olive oil and beat again with a mixer.
- Mix the sifted flour with baking powder in another bowl and gradually add to the batter, beating it with a mixer at slow speed. After that, add the diced peach, half the rosemary with chopped almonds and mix gently with a spoon.
- Prepare muffin tins adding 2 tablespoons of batter, top with 2 slices of peach, a little rosemary and nuts, sprinkle a little bit of cane or brown sugar and put in a preheated 200'C oven for 20-25min.
- Top the cooked muffins with a little jam. (be sure to preheat the jam in the microwave first)
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, berries, breakfast, chocolate, Christmas, dough, Easter, fruit, herbs, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, New Year, nuts, party, Spring Food, Summer Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day