Pampushki are small buns which are traditionally served with borsch in Ukraine but you can serve with any other hot soup or Harcho. Usually they are cooked with garlic and baked in the oven. By the way, pampushki got their name in Odessa Ukraine, the city where I’m from.
You can use any herbs in this recipe to your taste like mixing the dill with parsley and cilantro or do Italian style with basil, thyme and oregano.
Pampushki with Garlic Recipe
By September 22, 2017Published:
- Yield: 9
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 mins
Pampushki are small buns which are traditionally served with borsch in Ukraine but you can serve with any other hot soup or Harcho. …
- 360 g (o.8lbs) flour
- 200 ml (0.85cup) warm water
- 3-4 tsp dry yeast
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- egg yolk for greasing
- 4 cloves of garlic for the sauce
- 0.5 tsp coarse salt for the sauce
- bunch of herbs for the sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for the sauce
- 1 tbsp water for the sauce
- Combine the honey and yeast in warm water and let rest for 10 min.
- Pour the sifted flour in a bowl with the salt and add the yeast water along with vegetable oil. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic, then cover the top with a towel and put in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 9 small balls. Put them in an oiled round baking dish in concentric circles leaving some space between the balls, cover with a towel, and let them rise in warm place again for another 15 min.
- Brush pampushki with the egg yolk and put in preheated oven 180'C (360F) for 25-30 min.
- Finely chop the herbs, mince the garlic, add the vegetable oil, salt and whisk. Then add 1 tbsp of water and stir again. Take pampushki out, spoon some garlic sauce over the top and put into the oven for a few more minutes. Serve warm.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, Autumn Food, baking, Christmas, dinner, dough, Easter, herbs, lunch, snacks, Spring Food, Super Bowl, Thanksgiving, vegetarian, Winter Food