A very sweet treat! Usually the meringue is too sweet for me but with the cream and berries it helps balance it a lot. The cream adds another texture and the tart berries balance out the sweetness of the meringue.The finished meringue can be stored without the cream in a sealed box, but not in the fridge!
Meringues with Cream and Berries Recipe
By July 30, 2014Published:
- Yield: 9 pcs
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 1 hr 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 mins
A very sweet treat! Usually the meringue is too sweet for me but with the cream and berries it helps balance it a lot. The cream adds …
- 4 eggs
- 220 g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 300 g (1 1/4 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- berries and fruits for decoration
- thyme or mint leaves for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 160 'C (320F). Lay a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Separate the whites from the yolks (you can use the yolks for something else). Put the whites in a mixer and mix at high speed until thick. After 5 minutes gradually add the sugar and corn starch. After a couple of minutes, add the lemon juice and a little vanilla. Once again, beat well. I beat it about 10 minutes. It should be thick and form peaks.
- Gently put nice nests of the meringue on the baking sheet with a tablespoon, making a small hollow in the center. Put the baking sheet in a preheated oven on the bottom shelf and immediately lower the temperature to 110'C (230F). Cook for about 60 min., then turn off the oven, leaving the meringues for another 20-30 minutes, then pull them out and cool.
- Pour the cream into a bowl, add sugar and beat with a mixer or food processor.
- Put a tablespoon of cream to each meringue and decorate the top with the berries, fruits and mint leaves or thyme. Serve immediately.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: baking, berries, cake, fruit, Kids' Parties, Mother's Day, New Year, party, Summer Food, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Winter Food, Women's Day