Great idea for the Fourth of July or a summer dinner. Instead of whipped cream you can use sour cream, just mix 1 cup sour cream with 4 tbsp of sugar, adding a little vanilla. But this cream can be is slightly runny for the next day.
Lemon Tart with Berries and Cream Recipe
By July 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: ~12 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 0 min
Great idea for the Fourth of July or a summer dinner. Instead of whipped cream you can use sour cream, just mix 1 cup sour cream with …
- 1 1/4 cups flour sifted
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cold, cut into small cubes
- a few drops almond extract
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 3 eggs for lemon filling
- 3 egg yolks for lemon filling
- 1 cup sugar for lemon filling
- 3/4 cup lemon juice for lemon filling
- 2 tbsp lemon zest for lemon filling
- pinch salt for lemon filling
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cut into small cubes, for lemon filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup strawberries for decoration
- 20-30 blueberries for decoration
- Add the flour, nuts, sugar, salt, almond extract and butter in a food processor, beat for a few seconds until the butter is the size of a pea. Add ice water and beat again. Put the dough in plastic wrap, form into a disk, close tightly and place in refrigerator for 40 minutes or in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured cutting board. I usually cover the dough with plastic wrap on top so the dough will not stick to the rolling pin.
- Spray tart pan (~10 inches) and put the dough on top, pressing and smoothing with your fingers across the surface of the pan. Put in a freezer for another 5-10 min.
- Preheat the oven to 200'C and cook the dough for 20-25 minutes on the bottom shelf.
- Reduce the oven to 160'C. Whisk the eggs, yolks, sugar, salt, lemon juice and zest in large saucepan with a heavy bottom, add the butter and cook over low heat, stirring all the time for about 10 min. Don’t let the filling boil! Let cool a little bit and strain through a fine mesh over the crust. Put the lemon tart in the oven for another 10 minutes. Let cool again.
- Whisk the whipping cream with the sugar and spread on top of the lemon tart. Decorate with berries before serving.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: baking, berries, breakfast, dough, Fourth of July, Kids' Parties, party, picnic, Summer Food, tarts, vegetarian