Light refreshing and nourishing spring/summer salad, this pasta salad can be a great dish for lunch on a hot day, or for a romantic dinner with the wine or bring it to a picnic in Summer!
Cook the salad 5 hours before serving, or leave for overnight in a refrigerator so everything has a chance to soak up the flavors of ingredients and seasonings. Serve cold or leave for 30 minutes on the table before serving.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
By March 31, 2016Published:
- Yield: ~5 Servings
Light refreshing and nourishing spring/summer salad, this pasta salad can be a great dish for lunch on a hot day, or for a romantic …
- 320 g pasta penne, gemelli or rotini
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes cored, seeded and cut into 1⁄2 inch dice
- half English cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 120-150 g pitted Kalamata olives drained
- half a red bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp feta crumbled
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar for the vinaigrette
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh, for the vinaigrette
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely minced, for the vinaigrette
- 1 tsp sugar for the vinaigrette
- 1 tsp oregano dried, for the vinaigrette
- 1 tsp basil dried, for the vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil for the vinaigrette
- Cook the pasta as directed on package, until "al dente". Drain the water,and put in a deep bowl. Let chill.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium sized bowl, except for the olive oil. While whisking, stream in the olive oil. Pour the marinade into the pasta and mix well.
- Add to the bowl with pasta the cucumber, sweet pepper, tomatoes, onion, sliced olives. Stir, add salt and pepper, add the cheese, salt, pepper and mix gently again. Cover with foil and leave in the refrigerator for 5 or more hours.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: appetizer, cheese, dinner, Fourth of July, herbs, lunch, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, party, picnic, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Valentine's day, vegetarian, Women's Day