The aroma in the kitchen while preparing this dish was amazing! The chicken is very tender and flavorful. Serve with cous cous or rice, adding the sauce on top of chicken.
Another great idea for your tajine!
Chicken Tajine with Pumpkin and Dried Fruits Recipe
By March 9, 2015Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
The aroma in the kitchen while preparing this dish was amazing! The chicken is very tender and flavorful. Serve with cous cous or …
- 3 chicken legs
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- half a lemon zest and juice
- half lemon slices
- 10 black peppercorns
- few pinches cardamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- few pinches turmeric
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp coriander
- red hot pepper flakes to taste
- 10 apricots dried
- 10 prunes
- small piece pumpkin
- Finely chop the onions and garlic and cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- Add the olive oil to the tajine and heat over high heat. Reduce the heat and fry the onion, garlic and pumpkin until golden brown.
- Add the spices and fry them for half a minute, then add the zest, grated ginger and lemon juice, prunes and dried apricots, mix well.
- My tagine is a medium size, so I fry the chicken separately until golden brown about 7 min, then transfer it to the tagine and continue to cook all together. If you have a large tagine, then fry the chicken with the vegetables in the tagine, until lightly browned.
- Pour in the broth and salt, then cover and cook for about an hour or until cooked chicken, stirring occasionally and check if the liquid has evaporated. If necessary, add a little more broth.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, dinner, simmer, tajine, Valentine's day, Winter Food