This chicken came out so juicy and delicious, and the small kick from the garlic-cilantro sauce gives the chicken an elevated taste. One of my favorite recipes when cooking with a whole chicken! This serves great with vegetables, potatoes, pasta, or rice. I am definitely planning on making it again!
Chicken Marinated in Mineral Water and Baked with Garlic Sauce Recipe
By December 4, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
This chicken came out so juicy and delicious, and the small kick from the garlic-cilantro sauce gives the chicken an elevated taste. …
- whole chicken Average sized
- 500 ml water For the marinade
- 1 tbsp sugar For the marinade
- 3 tbsp salt For the marinade
- 40 ml apple cider vinegar For the marinade
- 10 ml balsamic vinegar For the marinade
- 5 bay leaves For the marinade
- 20 black peppercorns For the marinade
- 500 ml Mineral water For the marinade, If you don't have this, you can use Club Soda as wellor the marinade
- 2 tbsp canola oil For Baking
- 1 head of garlic For the Sauce
- 50 ml olive oil For the Sauce
- 1 lime juice, For the Sauce
- a small bunch of cilantro or basil or other herbs for your taste, For the Sauce
- salt, pepper to your taste, For the Sauce
- Cut the chicken along the ridge into 2 parts. (what I did is that I cut it in along the back where the bones are and got two pieces)
- Pour into a large pot 500 ml of water, then add salt, sugar, peppercorns, bay leaves and the vinegars. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and cool completely. Then pour in the Mineral Water and place the 2 chicken halves in the marinade. You can also cover with a small plate so than the chicken is completely covered with marinade. Put the pot in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or more preferably overnight.
- In a baking sheet or baking dish, pour about 1/4 cup of the marinade along with 2 tbsp. canola oil, then rest the chicken on top, skin-side up. Cover with a lid or foil on top and insert in an oven preheated to 200 ° C for 25- 30 minutes. Remove the lid or foil and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the garlic sauce: Smash the garlic through a press into a small bowl, add lime juice and olive oil. Whisk, then add salt, pepper, and finely chopped cilantro (or any herbs to your taste), then mix it.
- Take the cooked chicken out of the oven, brush with garlic sauce and serve immediately.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Autumn Food, baking, Christmas, dinner, Father's Day, marinated, Mother's Day, New Year, party, simple recipe, Spring Food, Summer Food, Thanksgiving, Valentine's day, Winter Food