This tasty Asian-inspired meal is both healthy and easy to make! Serve it hot over white or brown rice or even Chinese noodles. For this recipe you can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs and add some more vegetables such as asparagus, snowpea pods, soybean sprouts, etc.
Chicken in Wok with Vegetables Recipe
By July 3, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2-3 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 25 mins
This tasty Asian-inspired meal is both healthy and easy to make! Serve it hot over white or brown rice or even Chinese noodles. For …
- 500 g chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml sherry
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 150 g chinese mushrooms
- green onions to taste
- 1 leek white part
- spicy paste or hot pepper to taste
- spices paprika, cumin, curry powder, Sichuan pepper, garlic, ginger, etc to taste
- Cut chicken breast or chicken thighs into thin stripes and marinate for a couple of hours in a mixture of soy sauce and dry sherry (1:1). Chop the ginger and add to the meat.
- Cut the carrot and bell pepper into thin strips, soak the mushrooms and cut into strips also. Chop the green onion and leek into rings.
- Prepare everything and then start to fry quickly over high heat - first meat, then vegetables, adding them one by one, depending on how long they are prepared (first the carrot, and soy sprouts at the very end). Stir and mix constantly and quickly. The whole process happens very quickly, just a few minutes.
- Add a mixture of soy sauce and sherry, spicy paste (or finely chopped hot pepper) and spices - paprika, cumin, curry powder, Sichuan pepper, garlic, ginger, etc. You can add a little bit of tomato puree or ketchup, for thickening or add cornstarch dissolved in water.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Tags: Asian, dinner, fried, marinated, simple recipe, spicy, wok